Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shanina Victoria Secret Fashion Show

A Model from Hoppers Crossing has well and truly made the big time after being selected to take part in the Holy Grail of fashion events, the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Former Werribee Secondary College student Shanina Shaik first burst on to the scene after being named runner-up on the reality show Make Me A Supermodel. But last week she took the biggest leap in her career after she walked the catwalk for Victoria’s Secret with other models like Miranda Kerr.
Just days after her debut at the event Shanina told Star it was the biggest moment in her career. “The biggest highs in my career to date was definitely booking VSFS 2011. Nothing can beat that for me right now,” Shanina told Star. “This was my dream. But also many models dream and I feel special that I have achieved that”.
Now based in New York, Shanina said other Wyndham residents could one day make it as models as long as they know how to work hard. “The advice I would to give to anyone who is trying to follow in my footsteps and what I have learned is to never doubt yourself, work hard for what you want and never compare. You are unique,” she said.
Shanina said she was still getting over the extreme high of walking the catwalk at one of the biggest fashion events in the world. “When I found out I was selected for VSFS, I was speechless. I was teary eyed. I couldn’t believe that all that I have wanted and worked for was coming true,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment